Friday, March 19, 2010

Run, run, run

Spring break is almost over and I still have so much to do!  Yes, I've completed several items on my list but I haven't read a magazine or done any scrapbooking yet.  I still have projects I want to work on like cleaning out the garage, hanging all the art and wall decorations in my house and shoveling out Kait's room

Kait's room scares me.  There are probably big, green, moldy things growing in there or, at the very least, stuck to the carpet.  Nothing is in the correct drawer and I just straightened and reorganized them.  Now her socks are in with her pajamas and a sandal is in with her shorts.  A little out of sight, out of mind going on there? 

Another thing...did you know 13 year olds go into a semi hibernation?  They can sleep for 12 hours at night and then get another 10 hours in during the day.  I read, one time, teenagers sleep a lot but really?  This much?  Is this really necessary?  I do love the part where she wants to stay home and sleep while I go to the grocery store.  Ahhh...the peace and quiet while shopping is a forgotten experience.

Yes, I know it will all end too soon.  She will grow up, be on her own and this all ends too soon.  I really do treasure every moment with her but shopping in silence is a luxury.  Hey, I will take those moments when I can!! 

Off to enjoy the last days of spring break...

Karen in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment