Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today...

Today has been one of pure joy.  It's Tuesday of Spring Break and I was still in my 'jammas' at 4:00 p.m.  Life is so much easier when you have pajamas on.  For all the obvious reasons, p.j.s are like rolling up in a soft blanket, such an easy way to deal with life or not. 

I did get a lot of items crossed off that never-ending 'To Do' list...sorting mail, cancelling unused credit cards, confirm Kait's place on the C.L.A.S.S. and MDCP lists, file all of 2009's business records and, oh yeah, drink coffee...mmmm!

As you follow along with this blog you will soon learn about 'the girls'.  'The Girls' are whomever is currently living in our apartment complex, in junior high and mean as a junk yard dog.  'The girls' are just like those dogs.  They lay and wait for Kait to appear in the open and unprotected area known as 'outside'.  Outside is the place where Kait always wants to be whether she is riding her bike, scooter, running, playing tag, finding lost puppies or finding friends.  Problem is those junk yard dogs are not really her friends.  They apper to be at first and Kait thinks 'this time' they're going to be but they aren't.  She's always the weakest link and such an easy target for the cruel world of jr. high girls.  Those wicked little creatures pick, taunt, tease, and laugh at her until she retaliates.  Then they have the nerve to run home and get their mommas.  Really?  You big bully!  You teased and taunted Kait but now you need your momma? 

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day.  Emanuel will be 29.  I can not believe it.  Ahhh...Emanuel you ask?  The little boy I had in 1st grade the first year I taught school.  Along the way I made secret birthday cakes, took him to school carnivals, paid for school pictures, went to 6th grade open house so he would receive extra credit, signed report cards, arranged high school algebra tutoring, took him to doctor's appointments and numerous other events.  His imprint is still on my heart.  He's a fine, well mannered,young man who I am so very proud of.  He's also one of the few who, as an adult, recently said, "Thank you, Ms. Anderson.  I KNOW all the things you did for me that you never told me about.  It means a lot."  Those are the days I treasure and it is why I teach school.

1 comment:

  1. I taught you well. Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aaron Neville, Delbert McClinton. You make me so proud.

    ReplyDelete