Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kait!

Kait is 14 on the 14th!  Happy birthday, sweetie. 

Pretty amazing my big girl started out as a 4 lb. 2 oz., malnourished, 17 1/2" long baby.  That's what drugs and huffing will do to your baby.  No, not me silly.  Her biological parents.  I had a neighbor one time who thought I had done all that to my baby.  She didn't say anything for a few months until I mentioned Kait was adopted.  She was visibly relieved according to the look on her face.

Unfortunately, she still suffers from the prenatal exposure.  Instead of being out celebrating tonight as planned, we're home eating frozen pizza.  The excitement has been building since the day after Christmas.  Finally, earlier this week she couldn't take the excitement any longer and threw the phone down in huff.  That was AFTER being told, "If you throw the phone down there will be NO Rancho Grande on Friday for you birthday."  Guess what...she threw it anyway.  So here we sit, dang it.

What she doesn't yet know is her friend's grandmother agreed to the postponing of the Mexican food celebration until Saturday.  But, by gosh, we did NOT go to Rancho Grande tonight.  Surprisingly, Kait has taken it quite well.

Note to self...sticking to what I promised worked out this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment